Thursday, June 4, 2009

The land of amazing women.....

My mother, leading the world one diploma at a time, earned her Master's Degree at a sophisticated age in May. She is an example to me of rigid perfection. As the day is hovering over me (literally can't see my knees) to become a mom, I aspire to be her. I have only positive memories of my childhood on how I was raised. Everything was set in goals with rewards at the end. My ability to self-motivate comes from those lovely charts of stars. I hope that my voice is sweet in Taylor's ears as hers is in mine.

My sister, Kapri, has been my saving grace through this new stage of life. Daily I receive links of what to buy, or "oh how cute" items I NEVER would know to look for. She helped me make 12 burp rags in about an hour, and spent a few hours helping me get ready for Taylor last week. My resource to cures, and my shoulder for venting, I love her to pieces. Mind you she does all these for me while being SUPER mom to the Kewpie and Princess Scarlett Bandit. I only HOPE I have the energy to play with my kids as she does.

My Jaimee, lives the life in the fast lane, yet catches every glimpse of a story. I will never know how she can experience minutes of an event and create a piece that seems as if she lived it. Talent. This year she was nominated for a Pulitzer and a Harvard scholarship. Both to which presented later opportunities for her I know she will obtain. She keeps me fashionable, informed, and satisfied as I live vicariously through her blog and stories. I await her perfect face to be in FAMOUS places. Love you Jaim!

Many others, who are not pictured; my niece Kaustin graduated from Jr. High. This was a big event she spent months planning for; nails, hair, speeches, dresses, and jewelry.... she was the picture of perfect. My favorite part of the ceremony was watching her dance with my brother in her sparkly silver dress---she is his PRINCESS. My sister-in-law Shayla conquers 6 kids everyday and is still chipper every time I call. I can only imagine her reward in heaven for the wars she halts. My Granna survived another hospital visit, hair and nails still perfect, she is the root of us all......

3 comments:

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Sounds like Jaimee isn't the only writer in your family :) Great post!

Kapri said...

Heid, you are so sweet! You are the glue of all the women in the fam...love you!

Karli Rose said...

To my Heidi - now the sweet mom herself...YOU are still our precious angel. Your mom ever adores YOU!