Sunday, August 23, 2009

Things that melt my heart....

These are the best picture I could find of his "sunken eyebrows and melting into the sponge."---You'll read about these things:)


The older my tay-bug grows, the more I love him and melt. I am enjoying our little family melting together as we make changes and learn new trials. Today I think I finally moved over my "working hump." Motherhood doesn't exactly give you the daily reward of a job-well-done as working does, however, rarely does working place imprints on your heart. There are times when I helped someone accomplish a goal, learn a new skill or strategy, and that was rewarding and I still remember their face. Thoughts crossed my mind that there wasn't a better feeling. WRONG. Never did I think I would BEAM over a baby hanging over my shoulder. So I have finally faced the thought I have been TRYING to learn.... motherhood is a lifelong reward that someday will reap success.


Thing that make me melt:


A baby who wakes in the night, I'm convinced, just so he can hold his mommy for a while.

A baby snuggled in the moon of my tummy, with a daddy holding us both.

Greeting a smile when instantly noticed in a room.

Eyes following me while I leave the room with a brow of disappointment.

Sleeping eyes on my chest in the bathtub.

A sigh of exhaustion, with a head draping backwards. (closeline)

One eye peeking, just to make sure I am STILL holding him.

Sunken eyebrows with hands folded beneath the chin. I AM THINKING.

Grunting for business:)
Suck-sucking of a binky, moaning, to concentrate sleepy time, or filling an empty tummy.

Coo's in the morning, evening, and afternoon.

The sweet "lick-licking" of a baby who has found his mommy's shoulder.

Tiny hands discovering puppy dogs, and fishies. BAT.BAT.BAT

Drifting eyes while singing lullaby's

Listening ears to goldie-locks and the three bears.
A steady heartbeat.
Soft snoring and giggles from puppy-dog dreams.

Flailing arms approaching displeasure or excitement.

Sinking into the sponge to get deeper into the water. Sunken Eyebrows.

Smiles. Giggles. Joy.


I love you Tay bug and your daddy too:)


4 comments:

Tawny Antelman said...

Very cute post :) Hes sooo cute!

Misty Cordner said...

Hey you! Your little bundle of joy is so dang cute!!! I am so happy for you.. Cherish every moment they grow so dang fast!! We need to get caught up!!!

Karli Rose said...

Heidi dear...now you know. Motherhood rewards like no other earthly position; from a hidden spot deep within the depth of your child's eyes that only you can see.

Hilary said...

Oh my gosh Heid, thanks! You have the cutest baby boy ever!! We need to get together and talk babies...lets us girls go to lunch sometime!