Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Grateful for the gifts....






















There may be few times in our lives that we experience an event that opens our eyes to gratefulness and humility for our situation. Now that we are finally home, I see reasons for why we had to endure a month (exactly) in the hospital, and I can truely say I am grateful. Family bonds needed to be mended, opportunities to give service were desired, and spiritual preparedness was lacking... temporally we were all READY! Clothes, car seats, bouncers, swings, nursery... I had all of that covered, but I was not prepared to raise a child and so I was given the opportunity to be refined I believe:) And so we are grateful for many gifts;












Having Taylor home---minus his sleepless nights!!!






The increased love in our marriage






Family ties renued






Prayers answered






Fasting recognized-- he came home July 2nd, the day we fasted for






Service






Beautiful pictures from Aunt "Pree" (see below)

7 comments:

Greg & Colby Lindblom Family said...

aw, Heidi I'm so happy for you guys. It is amazing how the Lord prepares you for things in certain ways, isn't it? I'm so glad to hear how much things have improved. You have no idea how badly I want to come over and see you guys, but I wanna give you a little more time because I know how overwhelming everything can be. Not to mention how exhausting all of it is. I hope you know I love you though!

August and Melissa said...

I love the way you write Heidi- and I know you mean every word. Love you guys!

Karli Rose said...

Heidi - you touched me so. Yes, Taylor's experience has built strength from within. He has already blessed and enriched us all. (BUT,ugh, what a way to grow!) Oh, how I love that little handsome Prince!

Hills said...

Heidi you are just amazing! It is so fun to watch and hear you grow. A rough and tough road you guys have been through but how amazing it is that Heavenly Fathers knows us well enough that he trusts us with these little spirits and has faith we will get through anything with His guidance and comfort. How blessed we are to have the knowledge of the gospel and ETERNAL families and you sure have a beautiful one ;) Love you Heidi!

Jenna said...

just when we think we are doing fine the Lord gives us something to learn and grow from and it is only through that, that we see how badly we needed it at that time in our life. you are so blessed and we love your family to pieces :)

Amelia Kate said...

Heidi I am so happy for you. This is such am amazing time in your life and I am so glad you can recognize that and are grateful for it!

Hilary said...

Congrats on your baby boy! He looks adorable!! I am glad he was finally able to go home!